The Mission of the Building Committee is to maintain and improve the buildings and grounds of Faith Des Peres Presbyterian Church to enhance worship and the mission of the church.
To carry out its mission, the Building Committee does the following:
- Works with the church’s Administrative Assistant to schedule routine maintenance and address emergencies associated with the building and grounds
- Develops a monthly “on call” list of Building Committee members who serve as a resource for the Administrative Assistant to address building emergencies
- Maintains a list of service providers such as plumbers, electricians, etc.
- Reviews and renews contracts for direct physical maintenance services for buildings and grounds such as fire and security systems and HVAC
- Develops and operates within an annual budget
- Prepares and updates a five year plan of needed improvements in the facility including deciding whether these projects will be taken care of in house or contracted out
- Recruits new team members on an ongoing basis to maintain continuity of its mission
- Creates sub-committees for the delegation of specific tasks
- Meets as a committee quarterly on the second Sunday of March, June, September, and December after church.
If you would like more information about the Building Committee, please contact the church office.