Title: Director of Music and Organist
Hours: Wednesdays 7:-8:30 p.m. and Sundays 10:00-11:30 a.m., plus attending Worship Arts planning meetings. This is a 1/3 time position.
Accountability: Reports directly to the Pastor.
1) Provide organ/piano music and direct the choir(s) at the Sunday morning service at 10:30 am each Sunday of the church year and shall select appropriate organ and choral music for each service.
Provide organ/piano and choral music for the following additional services during the year: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise, Christmas Eve.
2) Rehearse twice weekly (or as otherwise specified) with the choir. (Wednesday Night Rehearsals and Sunday Mornings). During the summer months, music shall be provided as follows: organ/piano pieces or soloists/instrumentalists when and where appropriate.
3) Be responsible for the purchase of all music and music supplies, and the hiring of instrumental and vocal soloists within the worship budget.
4) Maintain the music library in an orderly fashion and maintain, at the church’s expense, a suitable number of copies of musical pieces to enable performance of those pieces by the choirs or ensembles.
5) Attend regularly scheduled meetings of staff and other appropriate committees and, upon reasonable notice, attend such other committee meetings as may be necessary.
6. Report to the appropriate committee(s) on the condition and needs for the maintenance of the church’s musical instruments, including the organ.
7) Ordinarily provide music for weddings and funeral services held within the church’s premises if available at the time of the wedding or funeral. The fee for such a service shall be according to current church policy.
Review: Please e-mail questions or resumes to Rev. Marilyn Gamm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until the position is filled.