Dear friends at Faith Des Peres Church,
I have an exciting opportunity to be a part of a mission trip that is through the Czech Symphony Project. I will join 31 singers, adults and students alike, from Missouri Baptist Choral Society (of which I am a member) and Harvest Bible Chapel in Chesterfield. We will be touring Vienna and the Czech Republic.
The Czech Symphony Project is a non-denominational Christian ministry that glorifies God by facilitating local and international worship evangelism. We hope to exemplify on Psalm 57:9: “I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations.”
We will be singing nice arrangements of Amazing Grace, gospel tunes Amen and Jesus on the Mainline, Down In The River To Pray, a little bluegrass in I Will Lift My Weary Eyes and of course, we must sing Rogers and Hammerstein On Broadway.
We have a number of concerts and appearances lined up:
- Friday, May 2, at the personal invitation of the Mayor of the 8th District of Prague
- Saturday, May 3, we will sing and “promote” our concert on the streets of Vienna
- Sunday, May 4, 5 p.m. at Harvest Metanoia Vienna (singing in the main worship service)
- In North-East Czech Republic
- In Hradec Kralove at the 50th Anniversary Concert of the LSU Strzina Music School
- In Litomysl (birth town of Bedrich Smetana) – with the STO Jazz group and Zirafas Accordion Orchestra (lots of fun!)
- Last concert on May 8, 6 pm, in Pardubice at the historic Pardubice Castle – with the boys’ choir, Bonifantes
Please pray that the Lord will bless this trip, grant us safe travels and that we will lift Him up in music and singing as we reach out to others.
You can follow our trip on our Facebook group: CZECH REPUBLIC/AUSTRIA TOUR 2014
~ Kathy Sherrick